Who Can Get a Library Card?
- Tuscaloosa county residents aged 3 and older may obtain a library card.
- Tuscaloosa County Residents: No charge for a library card
- College students: No charge for a card with proof of enrollment, a picture ID and proof of your current local address.
- Out of County Residents: $10 annual fee for a library card.
- Juveniles aged 3-15 may obtain a card with a parent or legal guardian present. The parent or legal guardian must present a picture ID along with proof of address and sign the application form giving them responsibility for items checked out by the juvenile.
HOW LONG MAY I KEEP MY….
- Books: (excluding reference books) 3 weeks, plus 1 renewal*; Limit: 20 per card; Overdue fine: $.10 per item per day
- CD and Music CDs: 3 weeks, plus 1 renewal*; Limit: 6 each per card; Overdue fine: $.10 per item per day
- DVDs: 7 days, no renewals; Limit: 6 per card, Overdue fine: $1.00 per item per day
- Video Games: 7 days, no renewals; limit 2 per card; Overdue fine: $1.00 per day
- Quick Pick: 7 days, no renewals, 2 per card, Overdue fine: $1.00 per item per day
*Unless item has been requested by another patron.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a 3-item limit for new borrowers. Renewable items may be renewed by telephone, in person, or on the website. View our Policies. There is a $5.00 fee to replace a lost library card. Please report lost cards immediately by calling (205) 345-5820 and asking for the circulation desk.
Get a Library Card
When you come to the library to get your library card, please remember to bring a valid picture ID, along with proof of address. Acceptable IDs are a current driver’s license, school or work ID, State non-driver ID, Military ID or passport. If your ID does not have your address, please bring a utility bill, car registration, checkbook, lease or other postmarked mail indicating your residential address. A Post Office Box number does not qualify as a local address.